Monday 13 February 2012

General Secretary and Treasurer Manifestos


1.      Name: Shreya Jain
Position: General Secretary

Hello,
My name is Shreya Jain and I am in my second year running for the post of General Secretary.
Before University in my secondary school, I was the Activities Co-ordinator where I had to organise large scale events such as the annual Indus Fest. It built my ability to manage people, take on responsibility and delegate tasks effectively. I was also able to listen to concerns and take advice. I have been in charge of many dance performances as well, where I had to ensure there was teamwork and cooperation. As for at the University, I participated in helping the Asian Soc to make Diya 2011 a successful event by assisting with the saree stall and putting up the decorations. Therefore, I do have experience working with intricate roles and meeting targets, to ensure the tasks involved have been carried out well. 
So, if I am elected as the General Secretary of the Asian Society, I will;
·         Effectively broadcast news and events to students via facebook or word of mouth

·         Update the mailing list regularly

·         Encourage participation from members

·         Organise and coordinate committee meetings and events.

·         Help the committee with anything, even out of my role specifics.

·         Be enthusiastic about every new idea and opportunity, and try to spread this within the society.

·         Be available to answer any queries at any time
I am more than willing to follow instructions and give my opinions, be dedicated in whatever is required of me. With my natural vivacious personality, I hope the members and committee see me fit for this post, as I will put all my efforts in the work to make it a reality and a success.
Thank youJ
     
    2.      Name: Atit Shah
Position: General Secretary

I am Atit Shah , and I’m standing for the post of General Secretary for the Asoc 2012/13.

The reason I deserve to be one is that I have always contributed to the society right from Diwali to the ongoing Diversity Week. I even tried out for the Asoc Football team. I have done all this because it makes me feel good to be a part of something, and this has always been for my people (Asian).

As per Farrukh's definition of a General Secretary – ‘A General Secretary is someone who can manage Internal and External affairs well’ - and I think I possess the managerial and social qualities to hold this post and make sure both people within the committee and the members are satisfied and up to date with what is going on.

I will give my best to this position and will try to uphold and exceed the efforts and expectations of previous and future members of the society.

3.      Name: Shahab Rafiq
Position: Treasurer
Hello,
My name is Shahab Rafiq Ahmed and I will be running for the post of treasurer. I will assume that most of you do not know me very well so just a little bit about my background.
Before coming to Exeter, I completed my O and A levels from Pakistan during which time I captained my high school football team. I also had the honour of representing the Pakistan Under-18 Football Team and have won several goalkeeping awards for my performances on the field. I helped organize several successful events around campus and was elected as a Prefect in my final year of A levels as well. I am a very organized person who likes to work in an efficient way because I know that my work will affect the work of others. 
At Exeter, I am currently the Sports Coordinator of the Asian Society Football Team and assisting in the organization of Diversity Week Football Tournament. This has given me the opportunity to work closely with members of the current committee and develop an understanding of what is and will be required of me.
If elected as treasurer of the Asian Society I will:
·         Ensure that the funds of the society and its members are managed efficiently

·         Practice meticulous bookkeeping (which already comes with the role of sports coordinator)

·         Work closely with the committee

·         Support the committee when and where it needs me

·         Bring new ideas pertaining to organizing events
I am a very friendly and cooperative person. If given the opportunity to work alongside the committee, I can ensure that the Asian Society members get the most out of their experiences in Exeter. I cherish the opportunity to become the voice of a society growing in numbers every year.

19 comments:

  1. This is helpful.. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAN I HAVE A SAMPLE FOR THE POST OF AN ACADEMIC DIRECTOR FOR STUDENT ASS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I have a sample for the post of assistant treasurer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I have a sample for the post of assistant treasurer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely but still need for financial secretary in cooperative society

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice one. But I still need more on duties of a TREASURER in an organization

    ReplyDelete
  7. My I have the sample of secretary for internal affairs?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very helpful, indeed its a good job.
    Keep it up guyz

    ReplyDelete
  9. its of value thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can I have sample for Deputy secretary
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very helpful
    More samples needed

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the many articles or blog posts, I actually beloved, I need guidance relating to this, for the reason that it's beneficial., With thanks with regards to dealing with. madniawanenterprises.com

    ReplyDelete